Skip to main content

WUSTL Life/Lines (4/15/20)

Prompt

Write a short poem (rhyming not necessary) that includes each of the following 5 words (anywhere and in any order). Poems should not exceed 7 or 8 lines.
     Silent
     Oxygen
     Truth
     Dedication
     Owl
The truth is hidden
like the legs of an owl
and silent
like oxygen.
It takes some dedication...
— James B. Moog

ALSO

A silent moonlit dance.
against the silhouette
of an owl’s desire
Behold its prey, straining
for oxygen, in dedication
to its own truth.
— James B. Moog

Poems submitted for April 15

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HIGH AND DRY IN SANTA FE

It is snowing. Looking out the window- I sit in my room waiting (no car, unmotivated [city on COVID lockdown], oh well).  The snow looks like Dippin Dots. It rests on our balcony. My wife went out, came back in; now cotton candy-like fluff all over.  Only water. I wish I had my car but I really don't have anywhere I want to go. My eyes drift to the yellowing leaves, intermixed with fading greens. The ivy, by contrast, is going red. I want my car. I have nowhere to go. Without it,  I feel stranded in the middle of a desert.

Proud Egg Cartoon #2

1. "This here...is Egg City" 2. "Who am I? Okay, sure, I'm an egg" 3. "But not just any egg" 4. "I'm a BAD EGG. Rotten to the CORE" 5. "I got a feverish desire for FAME" 6. "But lately...I been crackin' up" 7. "My head is all scrambled"  8. "So I'm gettin' outta' here... Leavin' Egg City for good!"

Gazing at the Creek

  GAZING AT THE CREEK from above the trees spiral— the surface,  daguerreotypic reflection. Stratospheric strands   falling on the water; a breeze blows   past the sphinxlike supports of a low-water bridge.